What will make your records more efficient, less costly and easy to use?
1. Go electronic and obtain all the benefits of:
- Lower storage costs including rent, cleaning etc
- Lower staff costs for tasks such as loose sheet filing of test results etc
- Reduced amount of paper filed in individual records
- Easy to access both on the premises and at home
- Ability to work from home when required
- Higher security with restriction to password access
- Ability to have back ups
- Indexed and cross referencing
- Reporting capability
- Ability to archive records and to retrieve instantly
- You don’t have to leave your desk to retrieve files and answer phone queries
- Reduced relocation costs
Yes, we have a plan that will convert you to a paperless surgery & clinic
2. Update of software and training for an efficient database system can be done if you have not already done so.
Yes, we know the latest systems with their pros and cons
3. Eliminate the paper at the earliest possible moment. It’s better if you can get your staff to enter online without using paper.
Yes, the proper selection of software will help that.
4. Remove much of the loose sheets and paper medical records as soon as possible from your work environment. Your staff will then be encouraged to use and update your electronic system.
This means destroying the files as soon as possible after converting into electronic format. However, if you must keep the paper files, then use a lower cost storage offsite, but still provide the paper security blanket.
5. Convert any paper legacy files over to the new electronic system as quickly as possible
6. If there is paper, convert it over in hours/days, rather than weeks/months.